Friday, November 17, 2017

Christmas Train Case

Hi everyone! I wanted to let you all know there is another great sale going on at Sizzix this weekend, and it includes lots of great dies from Eileen Hull like this Train Case. This is such a cool die and I've hardly used it. I've had the idea for this little winter scene for ages and it seemed like the perfect time to make it!

I cut the pieces for the train case from medium weight chipboard and then assembled the case. I chose to cover it with this pretty paper from My Mind's Eye after I'd assembled it, so I didn't have the score lines showing.  I actually lined the inside, which was not really necessary since you don't see it once it's filled up!

After the case was covered with paper, I attached the lid. To build the bottom up, I added styrofoam. It also makes a great base for anything you want to glue down. I had this sweet deer that I've been saving for ages - you might remember this tutorial from a few years ago for making dies 3D - that was perfect for my scene. Unfortunately, that die is only available by special order now, but any deer that's about 3" tall would work. I also added one of Tim Holtz's Woodland Trees with pearls, some vintage ornaments, and greenery. It's all tied up with a piece of Crinkle Ribbon and a Christmas Key.

Even though this looks big in pictures, it's a tiny little case - measuring approximately 5" wide. I almost thought about making this into an ornament, but it's just a bit too big. It is absolutely perfect for little scenes like this though. I wish the sparkle showed up better in photos - it's so pretty!

You can find Eileen Hull's Train Case die, plus lots of others by clicking the image below. Don't forget that shipping is free when you spend $25+!


I was surprised and excited to see that Eileen's Journal die is included in the sale - it's a great price on such a fabulous die. I used it to make the sweet Christmas shadow box below. I am obsessed with that die!

Thanks so much for stopping by today - have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. WOW! I love this so much. You rocked this suitcase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really gorgeous,Shelly!Thank you for the tutorial!I love too the tuto to make the deer:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly, this is so beautiful, how nice to have a sweet decoration for your home! Eileen and Tim Holtz always seem to make the perfect combination when you make things come alive that give people so much inspiration! I saw the sale and was surprised at all the dies of Eileen's were on sale too. I hope this doesn't mean they are going to retire soon! Its always hard to tell. I missed out on Tim's Nobel Deer and its not available anywhere, ebay, etsy......one day I hope one comes up for sale, so I can make this pretty decoration! Have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!